Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Good Question

I was reading my favorite Jeeping forum, and someone had asked the question. "What do you want to do before you die?"

That's a damn good question. I really don't know. There are a few things that I want to do, that I can think of off the top of my head. There are certainly things that I've already accomplished.

Lets list some of them...

Already accomplished.

Got married.
Own a house.
Gone cliff jumping.
Traveled to London, and across the International Date Line.
Gone flying in a single engine plane.
Been to Canada.


Things I'd like to do.

Visit all of our country's National Parks.
Visit all of MN's State Parks.
Visit Hawaii.
Off road on the Rubicon Trail.
Own a custom furniture shop.
Learn how to Fly Fish.

Just to name a few...

I know that there are more things that I want to do in my life but when you sit down and think about it, that's kind of a hard question to answer. I'm sure that most people don't aspire to sit in a cubicle their whole lives. I know I sure didn't. I also don't want to be installing hardwood floors my whole life. I want to get out there and achieve. Learn new things. Share knowledge. Learn from kids. Make mistakes. Take pictures. Smell the flowers. Watch thunderstorms, and meteor showers. Get up early, and stay up late. Work like I don't need the money. Love like I've never been hurt.

I sure don't have any idea what I want to be when I grow up, but I do know that I've got a few things to do to keep me busy along the way.

4 comments:

anne elizabeth fern said...

You want to learn how to fly fish, you just holler :)

pete said...

Yeah, Anne and her Dad are great teachers. One of Anne and my goals is to hit all the MN state parks also. We are heading up to Maplewood State Park this weekend. I will give you the full report. :)

MikeyB said...

That 2nd to the last paragraph reminded me of the movie Trainspotting.

"Choose Life. Choose a job. Choose a career. Choose a family. Choose a fucking big television, choose washing machines, cars, compact disc players and electrical tin openers. Choose good health, low cholesterol, and dental insurance. Choose fixed interest mortgage repayments. Choose a starter home. Choose your friends. Choose leisurewear and matching luggage. Choose a three-piece suite on hire purchase in a range of fucking fabrics. Choose DIY and wondering who the fuck you are on Sunday night. Choose sitting on that couch watching mind-numbing, spirit-crushing game shows, stuffing fucking junk food into your mouth. Choose rotting away at the end of it all, pissing your last in a miserable home, nothing more than an embarrassment to the selfish, fucked up brats you spawned to replace yourselves. Choose your future. Choose life..."

Anonymous said...

Nicely put Corey.
It's your LIFE, use it.

peace,man